Some much needed attention

Jul 7, 2013
We were blessed with a baby girl recently! Like every other new mother, I was lost in the world of motherhood. My thoughts, speech, action everything was limited to few words - nursing, diapering and comforting! Just about the time I was contemplating if I should post a 'hiatus' update and if there would actually be a single soul to feel my presence/absence in the blogosphere, tada, there comes a liebster award from Aarthy! :-)
Firstly, thanks a ton for the recognition and for visiting my blog. Also, a special thanks is due as her post on liebster award gives me lots of new blogs to read :-D  Along with the award comes the task of answering Qs posted by Aarthy, ten random facts about me and the honour of passing the baton.

Random facts about me

I have done this already here but there is no end when it comes to talking about self :-D. 
  • My baby came after 6 years of married life. I wish our society doesn't make TTC such a stressful phase. Am happy that am out of it and sympathize with those undergoing it.
  • Sugar coated talk is an art. I wish i could learn it.
  • I am a loser when it comes to food :-D
  • Looking good and fit tops my post-partum list.
  • I have curly hair. Having a high forehead worsens things. I straightened it twice but its a costly process, so please someone give me tips to style it :-P
  • I love coffee. Not just any coffee, South indian Filter Kaapi :-)
  • I am scared of dogs. My hubby loves dogs. Thankfully we live in an apartment and there is no chance for him to ask me about having one. On second thought, may be, I will let go of my inhibitions if he really wants one.
  • I cheated. I did not write 10 random facts :-P

Coming to the Qs posted by Aarthy,

Which is that part of your daily routine which energises you to go through the day?
Starting the day early energizes me! Not that am an early riser everyday but there is definitely something about the rising sun, the breeze, the sound of birds, the brisk morning walkers, the aroma of sambar from someone's kitchen and of course the piping hot coffee :-)

For you, a day well spent would be ...?
A day well spent would ideally start as above and should be filled with laughs and giggles irrespective of where i am, with whom and what am up to. Ideally it would just be me and my hubby roaming around, nice weather, no plans, chatting mindlessly, good food and few hours of shopping.

If you were allowed to re-live some part of your life, would you opt for it? If yes, which part of your life would you choose?
I would want to relive the few months before my wedding and the day of my wedding. Because I always have a feeling that I missed being 'present in the moment' enjoying the occasion and those days passed with certain tension and apprehension. Especially I should have spent more time with my mother(who passed away few months after my wedding) planning and shopping for wedding and talking about married life and such.

What does writing mean to you?
My blog name says it all :-) Unspoken words.

Do you take conscious efforts to improve your writing or just allow it take its own course?
I don't take conscious effort but every post is written with the effort of giving my best.

Do you feel it is necessary to market your blog?
Yes, marketing is necessary. What level of marketing depends on the intention of the blog. For personal blogs like this, finding like-minded bloggers, interacting with them and developing a bond is much needed to keep the spirit going.

What are your thoughts on blogging contests?
Again, they are needed to keep the spirit going and finding fellow bloggers.

Which genre do you enjoy writing the most? (Poetry, Stories,Musings, Or any other .. )
Musings and book reviews.

Do you have ambitions of writing a book someday? Why?
Haa haa, i have no such ambitions but i day dream about it :-) Actually, I day dream about a career that involves books  not exactly authoring.

How do you handle the proverbial writer’s block?
I write. :-) Yes, too much planning and procrastination doesn't help. I just start off with a new post. Then it takes care of itself. 

Now, I pass on this honor to Green Boochi, LittleVoids and SummerScript. I enjoy reading their blogs, the way they express themselves and their life in words.

Over to you three... All you need to do is 
  • Accept the award :)
  • Nominate ten bloggers whom you feel should be encouraged to continue their good work and haven't got this award already.(They should have less than 200 followers)
  • Write ten random facts about yourself
  • Answer the questions that I have posed above
  • Put down ten questions for your nominees to answer
10 Q for them
  • What are the top three qualities you would teach your child? 
  • What do you do to bring yourself out of a bad mood?
  • Do you read self help books? How effective do you think they are?
  • What sort of gifts do you enjoy/like the most?
  • What do you do to keep yourself updated with current trends, be it politics, society, books, technology or fashion?
  • When am old, I wish i don't ------ : what would that be?
  • What is that you would like to contribute to your neighbourhood/community (however small the deed is)? Have you done it already? If no, what's stopping you?
  • How do you think your life should be? Are you living it?
  • If you could follow one practice from the bygone lifestyle of our ancestors, what would that be?
  • What is your dream career? Do you have plans to pursue it in future? 

Waiting to read your responses :-) Hope the Qs aren't boring or philosophical!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new baby girl, and thank you so much for the award. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweety! Looking forward to ur responses for my 10Q.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you :) I am yet to read all of your other posts, which I will do very soon. Thanks a lot for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks green boochi! Hope u enjoy reading other posts and looking forward to ur responses for my 10Q.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Sasikumar, your idea of IndiBlosp sounds interesting. Though fiction is not my cup of coffee, may be I will give it a try, just for fun :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion. Your comments would make my day :)

Copyright © 2014 Living a Thousand Lives...
Template by These Paper Hearts